Students must be signed up for the course by Thursday, May 12th, The fee for driver education class is $125 (Out-of-district $200). The $125 fee must be paid to SVHS when you sign up.
Here is the schedule for this summer:
Students are required to attend 7 days of class and will be held in the High School Band room:
1st Week :
Wednesday, May 25th - 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Thursday, May 26th & Friday, May 27th - 7:00am - 9:00am
Tuesday, May 31st- Friday, June 3rd- 7:00am - 9:00am
Students will drive in two-hour time slots. See Mr. Schneider first day of class for time slot selection.
- 1st Session- Monday, May 30th through Friday, June 3rd- driving between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- 2nd Session- Monday, June 6th through Friday, June 10'h - driving between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- 3rd Session- Monday, June 13th through Friday, June 17th - driving between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Please read fully and carefully:
The board of education policy for Driver Education states, students of USD 400 who have an Instruction Permit or Driver's License of any kind and are the age of 14 before May 24, 2022 are eligible to participate in Driver Education.
In order to receive an Instructional Permit
1) Students must bring an original birth certificate and Social Security card to the Driver Examiner's office.
2) The student must be 14 years of age, with parent or guardian consent required for all applicants under the age of 16.
3) Pass a vision test
4) Pass a written test.
5) Proof of address.
The Instruction Permit holder may drive at any time when accompanied by a licensed adult driver, 21 years of age or
*** You will need to call the Driver Examiner's Office to schedule an appointment.This may take a while so I would encourage you to do this soon. ***
Should you have any questions regarding this program prior to the beginning of the course, please feel free to contact
Mr. Schneider by phone, 227-2909 ext. 1108, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.